“Sex and the City meets Queer as Folk!” – Soap Opera Digest
DOES (SEX) LIFE END FOR GAY MEN AS THEY APPROACH 50?
That’s the question explored by the comedic, fast-paced Old Dogs & New Tricks, through the friendship and tribulations of four diverse and otherwise successful West Hollywood men – each one located squarely within middle age.
Los Angeles (in general) and West Hollywood (in particular) add a strong flavor to Old Dogs & New Tricks, with its traffic, earthquakes, plastic surgery, and strongly youth-obsessed culture. But the focus remains on how these four different gay men react (or overreact) and adjust (or not) to getting older:
* Nathan Adler (Leon Acord): A successful talent agent, Nathan is approaching his 50th birthday when the advances of an amorous 25-year-old underwear model knock him for a loop.
* Brad King (Curt Bonnem): A one-hit wonder from the late 1980s, Brad has turned the on-line hook-up into an art form.
* Al ‘Muscles’ Carter (Jeffrey Patrick Olson): A personal trainer with the body of a porn star and the mindset of a 16 year old girl who won’t put out until he meets Mr. Right!
* Ross Stein (David Pevsner): A former TV leading man in the 1990s, Ross is now settled into a long-term gay marriage — but as his husband becomes more successful, Ross finds himself spending too much time alone.
Guest stars include gay Olympian Greg Louganis, gay theatre legend Michael Kearns, Ian Buchanan (TV’s “General Hospital,” “Twin Peaks”), Patrick Bristow (Showgirls), Thom Bierdz (THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS) and Indie Soap Award winner Terri Garber (MISS BEHAVE, DYNASTY).
Awards & Quotes
Leon Acord (‘Nathan’) named as one of the “Top Ten Emerging Web Series Stars of 2012 – Placevine
“Sharp and funny.” – The Backlot
“One of Ten Web Series You Should be Watching” – L.A. Frontiers
“Don’t miss Leon Acord’s hilarious, sweet, and sometimes naughty sitcom about middle-aged gay men navigating the dating pool in West Hollywood, California, where thirty is considered the retirement age. The fiftyish cast is delightfully sexy. The impressive guest star list includes Olympic gold-medalist Greg Louganis and soap heartthrob Thom Bierdz (The Young and the Restless!).” – Outsmart Magazine
“From the start Leon (Acord) has been doing something new with OLD DOGS & NEW TRICKS . . . He has written gay characters the like of which are rarely seen.” – The Real Steve Gray
“Laugh out loud . . . sexy!” – WEHONEWS
“It’s a fun dramedy about life in West Hollywood!“ – Web Series Today
“Sexy Fun” – Deep Dish
- Two Seasons on One Disc with 45 minutes of great bonus features!
- Gag Reel