Winner of 16 film festival awards!
Cheyenne Jackson and Jason Butler Harner star as a gay couple grappling with a devastating accusation in this highly acclaimed drama.
Amidst the green of Connecticut —high school teacher Michael (Jason Butler Harner) is accused of “inappropriate behavior” with a male student. Hoping to clear his name, he and his partner Daniel (Cheyenne Jackson) hire a lesbian lawyer (Julia Ormond) and Michael confronts the latent homophobia of friends (including best pal Illeana Douglas). But as a secret from his past is revealed, can Michael and Daniel overcome this horrible accusation?
Written by Paul Marcarelli (best known for as the “Can You Hear Me Now” guy in TV ads), The Green has won awards at 16 film festivals to-date including such top LGBT festivals as San Diego, Connecticut, Long Island and Pittsburgh and many more.
Awards & Quotes
- MORE AWARDS!
- WINNER! Best Narrative Feature at Long Island LGBT Film Fest!
- WINNER! Favorite Men’s Feature Film – PITTSBURGH INT’L LGBT FILM FESTIVAL
- WINNER! Best Director, Steven Williford. WINNER! Best Actor, Jason Harner. Runnerup, Best Feature Film. OUT ON FILM ATLANTA
- WINNER! Best Feature Film, Best Screenplay, Best Actor, Jason Harner and Illeana Douglas: Williamsburg Independent Film Festival
- “Williford lends the proceedings polish and conviction, helped by an expert cast and handsome production values. . . Engrossing.” – Variety
- “A thoughtful and sophisticated film.” – SF Gate
- “Julia Ormond’s ‘The Green’ is a human movie, not a gay movie . . . expertly crafted . . . exquisitely shot.” – The Morton Report
- “A thoughtful and sophisticated film about life in the post-marriage equality world.” – San Francisco Chronicle
- “Strong lead performances.” – Homorazzi.com
- “A gripping emotional journey that will keep you guessing until the very end.” – OUTFEST
- “One of the most enjoyable gay or lesbian films I’ve seen.” — Movie Metroplis
- Deleted Scenes
- Closed captioned